The purpose of the Pest Control Operators of California (PCOC) is to provide operators throughout the state with representation, advocacy, education and services that can positively affect their operations.
While our governmental affairs program serves the interests of all operators in the state regardless of their affiliation with PCOC and each respective district, these efforts are only possible with the support of these same operators.
Get involved through membership!
PCOC members can take advantage of a long list of benefits and services that not only keep you current on industry issues, regulations and trends, but can also save you money! These programs include:
Regulatory Advocacy – PCOC continually works very closely with various state agencies to monitor their activities and provide PCOC members with up-to-date information. Some of these agencies include: Structural Pest Control Board, Department of Consumer Affairs, Department of Pesticide Regulation, Department of Transportation, County Agricultural Commissioners Association, and many others.
Legislative Advocacy – PCOC has partnered with a well respected legislative and lobbying firm that reviews and monitors every bill introduced into legislation for it’s potential impact on California’s pest control operators. Any bills requiring action are quickly brought to the attention of the PCOC Executive Committee and Board of Directors in order to determine a position on each respective issue and then lobby accordingly. Additionally, PCOC works with various legislators at the Capitol to introduce bills that are to the benefit of operators throughout the state.
Timely Information & Education
- Monthly Newsletter – “News Briefs”
- PCOC’s Quarterly Magazine
- Expert advice on inspection reporting, pest applications, state mandated information, reporting requirements, CE requirements, DOT and OSHA requirements and MORE!
- Annual Conference and Trade Show
- Ongoing statewide public relations programs!
- PCOC “Member’s Only” Website —
- Links to state agencies
- Newsletter & bulletin archive
- Member company listing for consumer access
- On-line continuing education
- Regulatory & legal updates
- Reference resources
- Specialized continuing education on a variety of topics
- Monthly district meetings with continuing education opportunities
- NEW! Free Continuing Education tracking for members from CECPM.
- Resource & Educational Materials for internal use and training
- Reference Manuals
- Specialty Items
- Safety & Risk Management Training Materials
- And MORE!
Members’ Value Program
The Members’ Value Program provides members access to high quality products and services we use in the industry. From discount vehicles through fleet pricing, uniform services, legal services, online traffic school and many others, PCOC has partnered with some of the best to help its members to either save money or have access to quality programs to get the most for your hard-earned dollars.
Click HERE for a complete list of programs.
PAPCO – “Politic Action by Pest Control Operators” is setup as a separate entity designed solely to raise funds to help support lobbying efforts on behalf of all PCOs in California. All donations by PCOC members are voluntary and are used to help fight, support and introduce legislation through some of California’s key Assemblymen and Senators. Call PCOC to pledge your support!